Here is what my week looks like outside of teaching classes and grading:
- Wrapping up a review of a few chapters of Shannon Bowen’s new public relations textbook. When a textbook is written, professors review chapters and offer the writer feedback before the textbook is published. Shannon’s textbook has an emphasis on ethics, in addition to business terminology and research.
- Finalizing the research design for a PR pedagogy study with doctoral student Katie Stansberry.
- Debriefing focus group experience with an honors college thesis student and checking in with two other honors college thesis students on their research projects.
- Attending a webinar by the Plank Center about how to teach public relations ethics.
- Checking in with the account supervisor for a team I’m advising for our student-run public relations agency.
- Meeting with graduate student Kevin Brett to discuss survey questions for a social media ethics study we’re conducting.
- Attending Dean Tim Gleason’s party for graduate students and their advisors.
- Meeting with a graduate student to discuss summer public relations internships in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Writing a letter of recommendation.
- Scheduling the last interview for a revision I’m working on for a study submitted to a public relations journal.
- Completing a revision for another study submitted to a public relations journal.
Public relations educators and students, feel free to share your plans for next week.